Who does the best Microblading?
So, you’ve finally decided to bite the bullet and get something done about your sparse, overplucked brows and then are hit with a really tough decision. Who should I get them done by?
In the last couple of years the popularity of this service has exploded, social media is saturated with posts and there have been numerous blogs and stories in beauty magazines. The number of people offering this service has also increased hugely over the last 18 months and the levels of expertise is sadly very varied.
I have heard many horror stories including clients walking into a waiting room with 5 other people sitting with numbing cream on, not exactly the personal service you were looking for.
Permanent Makeup is not a cheap service and is also extremely invasive and expensive to remove, having bad brows on your face can really destroy your confidence so it’s essential that you chose the right place for you.
There are a few things you can do to help chose the best practitioner for you, my top tips are below:
- Check the website gallery or instagram account, make sure there are lots of examples of their work and before and after pics.
- Check their credentials – do not be afraid to ask about the training they took and how long they have been practicing, your practitioner will not be offended and will often appreciate someone doing their research.
- Make sure you like the look of their work – if the practitioner specialises in very natural results and you’re after a power brow then they may not be the right person to treat you.
- Do you feel comfortable with the practitioner, this one is pretty important as you’re more likely to get a good outcome with someone who you feel at ease with.
- Is the clinic reputable, check reviews on Trustpilot and Google, people will often speak out if they are unhappy about treatments.
- Ask for a call/consultation with the person who will be doing the treatment, this way you can discuss the look you are trying to achieve and ask any questions you may have about the treatment and aftercare.
- Feel free to ask about hygiene and cross contamination, what are their protocols for keeping you protected at the clinic?