Scar camouflage treatment aftercare
long term care
- The area may look red directly after the treatment or if pigment has been used, this may look darker than expected during the first week. During the second week of scar treatment aftercare the pigment may look faded as it is hidden under the healing skin.
- With treatments on stretch marks the redness will be contained within the stretch mark and the skin will be raised and warm to the touch, your skin may remain red for between 1-4 days as the skin heals.
- If your treatment is on the face or head, it may help to sleep with the head slightly raised to assist with swelling.
- Avoid excessive exposure to the sun for a minimum of 6 weeks following the treatment; use a high factor (minimum SPF30) sunblock with UVA and UVB protection.
For 7 days
- Apply a healing balm 3 times a day using a cotton bud and ensure that your hands are clean to avoid infection.
- Apply Vaseline to the site when showering or bathing avoid for 14 days.
- Astringent soaps or cleansers directly on the treatment site.
- Heavy moisturisers, creams and makeup on the area.
- Picking or scratching any scabs that have formed.
- Chlorine pools, saunas and Jacuzzis.
- All products containing Aloe.
- Long baths or hot, extended showers.
Use a sunscreen with a high SPF to protect your camouflage and prevent discolouration
If you are planning a chemical peel, MRI or other medical procedures, please inform the practitioner that you have had a medical tattoo.
If you donate blood, please advise the donation centre as you may not be able to give blood for an allotted period of time.
Please inform the operator if you are planning IPL/Laser treatments as this may remove/discolour the pigment.
If you would like more information or to book your appointment, please contact us.