Lip Enhancement Aftercare
What To Expect After Having Lip Enhancement
- Minor redness, swelling, tenderness, flaking and itchiness as the lips heal
- Dry skin that may remain for up to 3 weeks
For the first two days disposable ice packs may be applied to reduce swelling
Lip Enhancement Aftercare For 7 Days
- Apply a healing balm for a minimum of 3 times a day using a cotton bud. Wash your hands before applying the product and do not re-dip the cotton bud into the balm.
- We recommend that you use a gentle facial cleanser to freshen your skin during the first week. Do not splash wash your face; do however clean your enhancement twice daily with damp cotton pads. if your enhancement gets wet, gently pat with a clean tissue.
- Apply a layer of Vaseline to your lips whilst brushing your teeth. To prevent it from becoming wet, remove with damp cotton pads.
- Keep your hair away from your enhancement to prevent the possibility of infection.
- Some itching is normal DO NOT PICK, PEEL OR RUB your enhancement as the pigment may not adhere, heal unevenly and could lead to scarring and infection.
- Do not have skincare treatments for 5 days following the procedure, no make up should be applied for 3 days
- Avoid eating spicy and salty foods and drink through a straw for 3 days
- No kissing for 5 days to prevent infection.
What To Avoid For 2 Weeks After Lip Enhancement
- Do not expose your enhancement to direct sun, tanning treatment, Jacuzzi’s, saunas, salt water chlorinated pools and direct shower spray.
- Do not receive bleaching, waxing, electrolysis or laser hair removal treatments close to the enhancement.
- Do not receive lip fillers or use lip plumping products
Lip Enhancement Aftercare Information
If you suffer with cold sores at present or have in the past, use an anti-herpes medication (i.e Zovirax) 5 times daily for a week. If an outbreak does occur, it will generally be 3 days post procedure.
Your selected colour will be stronger and more sharply defined for 4-5 days, it will then shed away appearing as if little or no colour is present. Over the next 3 weeks, the colour will blossom into a considerably softer version of the original colour. The approximate healing period is 14 days, however this can be prolonged if your immune system is compromised, if you are generally stressed or have a poor diet.
Keep in mind that some unevenness in colour is to be expected – this is the purpose of the control visit, which is included in the initial cost. However, if you do not attend your control visit then you will be charged for further treatments. Cancellation notice is always 48 hours.
Long Term Care
Use a good sunscreen. Sun exposure will fade your enhancement.
If you are planning a chemical peel, laser procedure or an MRI scan, please inform the technician of your treatment.
Please inform the National Blood Service if you donate blood, as you may not be eligible to give blood for 4 months